You can't win... If you don't know the rules.
General Contest Rules
General Contest Rules
- Dates/Terms/Eligibility. X-Rock Radio (the "Station") may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal United States Residents, 18 years of age and older, residing in the greater Salt Lake City, Provo, Ogden UT area . There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of KC Broadcast Media Group or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
- Prizes. For prizes valued under $300 dollars winners will automatically become ineligible to participate in any other contest for 30 days after winning a prize. After winning a prize valued over $300, winner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize over $300. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. X-Rock Radio assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. X-Rock Radio is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
- Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the contest will be disqualified.
- Conditions/Restrictions. X-Rock Radio is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching X-Rock Radio. Listeners can call the X-Rock Radio contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the X-Rock Radio judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of X-Rock Radio.
- Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Contest.
- Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station's website, in person at the Station's general offices between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday thru Friday) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
- Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address.
- X-Rock Radio and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by X-Rock Radio, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant's ability to participate.
- X-Rock Radio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of X-Rock Radio corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. X-Rock Radio, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
- Employees of KC Broadcast Media Group, its associated agencies, employees of other Salt Lake City market media outlets, advertisers, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
- Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for X-Rock Radio. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any of the KC Broadcast Media Group Radio stations.
- No amount of winning can disqualify you.
- Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
- Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
- Prizes must be picked up in person only. Prizes will not be mailed out.
- Prize has no cash value.
- In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
- Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
- X-Rock Radio may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
- X-Rock Radio reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of KC Broadcast Media Group are final.
- By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
- X-Rock Radio makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
- X-Rock Radio reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
- X-Rock Radio will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or delayed.
- Prize winners must be at least 18 years old, unless otherwise specified.
- Where a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, KC Broadcast Media Group / X-Rock Radio will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, duties, or other costs that may be associated with the winning of a prize.
- Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
- In its discretion, X-Rock Radio may require winners to sign a release form in order to receive the prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing the release.
- The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by X-Rock Radio is reserved exclusively to X-Rock Radio. Its decisions shall be final.
- Contestants can be disqualified at any time for any reason by station management.